The Revelation of Jesus Christ
The Gospel will continue to be preached during the tribulation hour. The Apostle John is shown in the midst of terrible judgments the final harvest of the righteous and wicked during the tribulation. Jesus gave a parable concerning the final harvest of good and evil at His return in Matthew 13:24-43.
The final harvest is reaped! The harvest represents a remnant of Jewish and Gentile believers, and the harvest also represents the judgment of Nations at the battle of Armageddon in chapters 7,14, and 15.
- 144,000 Jews are commissioned to preach the Gospel to the Nations.—7:1-8
- Multitudes of Gentiles will be saved out of the tribulation.—7:9-17
- The 144,000 Jewish are before the Lord on Mt. Zion (Israel) singing a song of victory at the end of 42 months of great tribulation.—14:1-5
- Angels are commissioned to preach during the last 42 months.—14:6-13
- The Lord descends and fights the Nations at the battle of Armagedon where a river of blood will flow 180 miles down the River Jordan from Mt. Hermon to the Dead sea. This event is referred to as treading the grapes of wrath.—14:14-20
- The sea of glass and fire represents the martyrs singing the victory song. These are people who overcame the beast during the tribulation.—15:1-8
Two witnesses are anointed to preach when Jerusalem is overtaken and the Anti-christ sets up his image in the temple and declares himself as God. There ministry takes place during the last 42 months of the tribulation.—11:1-14
The seventh angel trumpet blasts brings closure to the tribulation. Notice that the 24 elders (representing the church) are in heaven during the 7th angel’s trumpet praising God for His judgments—11:15-19
The mystery of Israel’s persecution is revealed in Revelation 12
- The woman is Israel who flees to a place and is protected for 42 months.
- The man-child is Israel’s Messiah, Our Lord Jesus. Israel brought the seed of Abraham into for the blessing of the world.
- The dragon is Satan who is cast down from heaven and tries to destroy Israel. Satan has always been Israel’s adversary. “Now Satan stood up against Israel…”—1 Chronicles 21:1