The Revelation of Jesus Christ
After the sixth seal, there is a pause in Chapter 7, before the seventh seal is released. A command is given to seal the harvest. The harvest is the remnant of Israel (7:1-8) and a remnant from all of the nations of the earth (7:9-17). The seal in this case represents ownership, it is what happens to everyone who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ. They are sealed by the Holy Spirit!
God also has sealed us and established the guarantee with the Spirit in our hearts.—2 Corinthians 1:22 MEV
In Him you also, after hearing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and after believing in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.—Ephesians 1:13 MEV
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you are sealed for the day of redemption.—Ephesians 4:30 MEV
The 7th Seal
The seventh Seal gives more detail about the 6th seal, remember 7 speaks of fullness and completion. The last seal reveals angels sounding 7 trumpets. Trumpets in the Old Testament are associated with warfare in Scripture. These judgments are executed by angels from the throne of God under the direction of the Lord Jesus Christ. These events bring closure to the tribulation hour. It is a picture of God declaring war upon the nations of the earth in Revelations 8,9.
- The 1st trumpet reveals fire and hail (comet/asteroid) that burns one third of the earth’s vegetation.—8:7
- The 2nd trumpet reveals a mountain (comet/asteroid) thrown into the sea that turns a third of the seas to blood, and destroys a third of ships (tsunamis).—8:8,9
- The 3rd trumpet reveals a star called Wormwood (comet/asteroid) from heaven poisons a third of the fresh waters, Wormwood means bitter.—8:10,11
- The 4th trumpet reveals a third part of the sun, moon and stars darkened causing the days to be shortened (atmosphere effected by cometary strike.)—8:12,13
- The 5th trumpet is called the 1st woe and reveals a star (comet/asteroid) striking the earth and opening deep pit that releases debris into the atmosphere causing darkness and plague upon men’s flesh for 5 months (the plague is describe as if it were locusts). The star is personified and given the name Appolyon, meaning destroyer because of it’s devastating effect upon humanity.—9:1-12
- The 6th trumpet is called the 2nd woe and describes a cometary strike described as an army of 200,000,000 horsemen with heads and tails spewing fire and brimstone, killing 1/3 of the world population in one hour. The only clear explanation of this kind of devastation in one hour is a cometary strike from the heavens. (This is not an army of men or demons but debris falling from the sky)—9:13-21
Here is an example of one comet that made several strikes on the planet Jupiter. “Comets, cosmic snowballs of frozen gases, rock and dust that orbit the Sun, are just one type of object that can wreak havoc on planetary bodies. Asteroids, the rocky, airless remnants left over from the formation of our solar system are another.” —NASA website. The link below gives a complete account of this cosmic event.