How will you be crossing the finish line? Will you be standing before Jesus with joy? Will you stand before Him with joy and confidence or tears and shame? If you will abide in the anointing you will be confident at His coming!
But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. (1 John 2:27-3:3)
Live the Christian life so that you are eligible for the rewards that will be given by the Lord Jesus Christ for all believers who…
- Built their life on Christ—1 Corinthians 3:10-15
- Lived with pure motives—1 Corinthians 4:5
- Lived by faith, pleasing Him—2 Corinthians 5:7,9,10
A multi-faceted crown will be given to believers. The word crown in the New Testament refers to the reward of victory in the games, to the glory and honor bestowed by God upon man in regard to his position in creation and to the glory and honor bestowed upon the Lord Jesus in His exaltation. This crown represents your position, honor, and glory that will be conferred upon you based upon what you did for Jesus in this life. The crown reflects your life as a Christian. It is called…
- The Incorruptible Crown—1 Corinthians 9:24-28 this reward is given for overcoming the flesh, attaining mastery over the “old man.”
- The Crown of Life—James 1:12 this reward is given for those who stay true to Christ and overcome the temptations, tests, and trials.
- The Crown of Righteousness—2 Timothy 4:8, this reward is given for those who are looking for His appearing and are perfecting holiness as 1 John 3:1-3 explains.
- The Crown of Joy—1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 this reward is given for those who are bold and compassionate in sharing their faith, who do the work of evangelism to win people to Christ.
- The Crown of Glory—1 Peter 5:2-4 this reward is given for excellence, faithful leadership, being a model for others to follow, Pastors and all those who engage in the ministry of bishop or oversight of souls, to the faithful Pastor who willingly feeds his flock and so on.
Jesus’ promised in Rev. 22:12, “behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” The Lord Jesus declares a reward “to him that overcomes!” The rewards are a position in the coming Kingdom in which Jesus is King.
- Revelation 2:7 “will eat the tree of life in the midst of paradise.”
- Revelation 2:11 “shall not experience the 2nd death.”
- Revelation 2:17 “shall eat hidden manna, a white stone with a new name.” (Stones served as admission tickets to public festivals and assemblies, this could mean admission to the marriage supper and the Kingdom.)
- Revelation 2:26 “shall have power over nations.”
- Revelation 3:5 “shall be clothed, name in the book of life, acknowledged before all of heaven.”
- Revelation 3:12 “shall be a pillar in the New Jerusalem.”
- Revelation 3:21 “shall sit with me on My throne.”